School of Social Entrepreneurs
The School of Social Entrepreneurs (EES) is an education path made up of virtual courses and in site Workshops, aimed at NGO’s members and entrepreneurs working in the social sector and assisting individuals going through social, economical or cultural exclusion.
The proposal includes:
-2-month intensive virtual courses
-2-day regional in site workshops
-in situ technical assistance, additional service for a reduced number of participant organizations.
The complete education program comprises 6 virtual courses and a regional in site workshop. The offer of courses is enlarged every year. Courses can also be taken separately and with the sequence and pace that best suit the possibilities of each student.
To train social entrepreneurs to acquire the necessary competencies to render a more effective and efficient service in the construction of a more fraternal and just society.
To enable the participants of the School of Social Entrepreneurs:
* To review and enrich their practices in light of the contents of the courses and the thoughts shared with other social actors.
* To update and go in depth in their understanding of the social, political and economic context where they perform their actions and to critically assess the relevance of different strategies of social work.
* To go in depth in the cultural principles and values to deal with the deep causes of poverty and inequality, and work on them.
* To identify, understand and apply the procedure to run and develop social organizations guided by the principle of fraternity.
* To appreciate the value and possibilities offered by information technologies and digital communication as training tools and as a space of collaboration at the service of a social project.
* Quality, of materials, professors and of the level of interaction
* Flexibility, so that participants may coordinate work and education, in the sequence and with the pace that best suit their possibilities and necessities. In general, courses have duration of 2 months and require 6 to 8 hours per week.
* Identity, based on the principle of fraternity that underlies all the education proposal of the Fundación Cláritas.
* Integration, as a part of the program Active Citizenship of Fundación Cláritas, aimed at the social, economical and political spheres.